FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
ART Update - 200 miles
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 14   |   Total Posts: 23   |   Total Views: 3510
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2 3
bucksfan
• Columbus, OH, USA
• Registered on 4/5/2004
• 29 posts
Posted:4/18/2005 21:36
For what it's worth...

I had my rear brake pads replaced at Monro, they didn't torque the lugs correctly (150lbs) and I got warped rotors because of it. At the time, I didn't know about the torque settings.

I wanted to get the ART rotors and Performance pads, but I don't have the tools or time or convenient place that will do the work for me. I was surprised by that. No one will touch aftermarket products. Anyway, I was in a hurry to get it fixed as I was going out of town. So I had to go back to Ford. I asked them if the rotors I was buying were the same exact thing that were on it. ie. crappy. The service manager said that Ford had re-designed their rotors and that these were better.

Again, take that with a grain of salt.

I've only got a week of driving on them now. I'll report back in a few months with results.

Also, I verified with my torque wrench that Ford is torqing the lugs to at least 160. That's what I had my wrench set for.

Bucksfan
E. Long  Club OwnerSuperMotors Owner
Subscriber
Subscriber since 1/1/2001
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• Registered on 1/23/2001
• 2,229 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/18/2005 22:01
Quote:
So I had to go back to Ford. I asked them if the rotors I was buying were the same exact thing that were on it. ie. crappy. The service manager said that Ford had re-designed their rotors and that these were better.

Again, take that with a grain of salt.

I've only got a week of driving on them now. I'll report back in a few months with results.

Bucksfan,

Even ARTs can warp if they are incorrectly torqued. Just be sure to check the lug nuts yourself. The rotor design may be improved, but a service "technician" can still negate the benefits of a new design by using the impact wrench!

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
Hinckley
• Middletown, DE, USA
• Registered on 11/2/2001
• 44 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/28/2005 00:58
I started to get a bit of the brake vib with the ARTS just a few miles ago, after having it in the shop. Tires rotated, work on the front, etc.. cranked them down to 165 cleared up quickly. I can say that with a little over 100K and nearly 2 yrs with the ARTs not a problem.

Chris H
04 F150 Lariat
00 X 7.3 XLT
92 Bronco EB
69 F250 C/S Ranger
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
ART Update - 200 miles
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 14   |   Total Posts: 23   |   Total Views: 3510
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2 3

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog