FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Article Discussion Topics
Official Brake Rotor & Brake Pad Install Thread
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 7   |   Total Posts: 11   |   Total Views: 6728
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2
gary ridley
• clio, MI, USA
• Registered on 8/28/2004
• 4 posts
Posted:7/13/2005 17:36
I have a 2001 Excursion w/V-10. At this time it has about 91,000 miles on it. Last summer we took a trip to Wyoming. We had about 69,000 miles on our EX at the time. After reading all the feedback about brake problems I decided to change the brakes for the first time on my truck. I couldn't belive it, but I would guess I had at lest another 10,000 miles worth of brakes left. I NEVER had any problem with my rotors warping either. I put on a new set of ceramic brake pads. The rotors still looked good. I tried to get them off but I could see they wern't going to come off easily (rusted on) so I did what the enginneers from General Motors (I worked for G.M. in the engineering department) always tell us, if they look good leave them. So I didn't touch them. The brakes worked great in the mountians of WY. I heated them up one time till they started to fad so I pulled off let them cool down and continued on our trip. The brakes are still working fine. I do have a little pulsating when comming to a slow stop. One of these day I may have to pull them off and get them turned, but right now it isn't a big problem. All I can figure is that about 90% of thoes miles are expressway miles so that is why I haven't had any problem. BUT about 70% of thoes miles my wife put on and I KNOW she is not easy on brakes, so who knows!
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Article Discussion Topics
Official Brake Rotor & Brake Pad Install Thread
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 7   |   Total Posts: 11   |   Total Views: 6728
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog