FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Remove dash cover?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 5186
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
John Crisford
• Dallas, TX, USA
• Registered on 2/19/2005
• 23 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/19/2005 23:26
One observation, and one question today...

First, my kids left open the barn doors at the rear, and closed the liftgate. Not knowing this at the time, and using my keyfob to lock the doors and set the alarm, I noticed that the horn honked once (will honk twice if a door is ajar) indicating all doors were shut correctly, yet both the barn doors were wide open! Apparently, there's one sensor, and it's in the liftgate. A minor security issue of the "tri-door" concept.

Second, I need to remove an irritating after-market (red! blinks all the time!) light (prior owner's fault) that is installed directly above the headlight switch.

How do I remove the dash cover in that area so I can get to this nuisance to remove it?
Thanks!!
E. Long  Club OwnerSuperMotors Owner
Subscriber
Subscriber since 1/1/2001
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• Registered on 1/23/2001
• 2,229 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/19/2005 23:52
Quote:
Second, I need to remove an irritating after-market (red! blinks all the time!) light (prior owner's fault) that is installed directly above the headlight switch.

How do I remove the dash cover in that area so I can get to this nuisance to remove it?
Thanks!!

It's very straight forward. It's held in place by retaining clips (no screws). Just pull and it'll pop out. See pics below for reference (I like to start on the side by the passenger seat and work my way towards the steering wheel area when pulling this part of the dash):

Removing the 4x4, defrost, and parking sensor plugs. Note: Blue plug is for the parking sensor, the brown/orange plug is for the defrost. 4x4 plug is gray and only fits into one of the slots.

2 more plugs need to be removed from the headlight controls before removing the dash panel.

Dash panel removed. I have an LED wired into the front dash panel without quick disconnects which makes the dash panel hard to place anywhere else other than on top of the dash. This works out to be a nice area because it gets it up and out of the way.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
edited 4/19/2005 23:52
shiepo
• carson, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/23/2011
• 75 posts
Posted:6/30/2011 22:54
Quote:
One observation, and one question today...

First, my kids left open the barn doors at the rear, and closed the liftgate. Not knowing this at the time, and using my keyfob to lock the doors and set the alarm, I noticed that the horn honked once (will honk twice if a door is ajar) indicating all doors were shut correctly, yet both the barn doors were wide open! Apparently, there\\'s one sensor, and it\\'s in the liftgate. A minor security issue of the \\"tri-door\\" concept.

Second, I need to remove an irritating after-market (red! blinks all the time!) light (prior owner\\'s fault) that is installed directly above the headlight switch.

How do I remove the dash covers in that area so I can get to this nuisance to remove it?
Thanks!!

i remove mine with the help of my dad. actually its easy to remove the dash cover. as stated above. good luck!
John Crisford
• Dallas, TX, USA
• Registered on 2/19/2005
• 23 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/1/2011 09:09
Wow! A reply 5 years in the making! Thanks!
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
Remove dash cover?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 5186
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog